Welcome May! The weather is steadily climbing in Saskatoon, so I will not mention the snow we had earlier this week! It is time for beautiful flowers to start blooming and the grass to turn a healthy shade of green.
This photo was taken last November in the Conservatory at the Mendel Art Gallery in Saskatoon. So many beautiful flowers and plants to enjoy there.
Enjoy May! I am going to post more sizes of this desktop calendar this week but here are a couple to get you started.
Gorgeous…no? Rifle Paper Company has come out with iPhone cases! Which is pretty brilliant of them in my opinion. I love their designs so much and now they can be admired encasing your phone! My latest case was purchased at the beginning of January so it will be a while before I can justify getting a new one. But that doesn’t mean I can’t admire them in the time being…
1280x800px 1440x900px 1680x1050px 1920x1200px 2560x1600px
The new April Desktop Calendar is up! And on time! Obviously I gave up on February and March but was determined for April and finished it last week actually. The photo was taken on a chilly morning photo ‘jalk’ (jog/walk) along the river in Saskatoon. Loads of steam coming off the river with the cold and heat finally mixing together.
I was just at SXSW for the past week (and spent the week before that packing our apartment and getting ready for SXSW) and am still trying to wrap my head around all of the things that I was inspired by while there.
I am planning to put together a post about my experience there but for now I would like to post probably the most inspirational talk I went to – Tina Roth Eisenberg speaking on her 11 rules to live by. I have been in awe of her for quite some time and was so happy to have a chance to see her in real life and hear her talk about her passion.
So Dustin and I are very much in new house mode — for those of you who don’t know, we bought a house! We are pretty darn excited about and I feel like I have been exploring Pinterest more often and finding many blogs related to renovations and home style. I can’t help it! It has become a new and exciting hobby for the both of us.
A few of the things above are currently in my future shopping cart (trying not to get too far ahead of myself!), although while the throw pillow by John Robshaw is gorgeous I don’t think our ‘first-time-home-buyers’ budget will allow for that. Luckily there are so many great printed options on Etsy and at Homesense that will fit nicer into our budget.
Check out some of my boards on Pinterest as well, as I have been pinning like crazy looking for house design inspiration. If you have any suggestions on blogs I should be following please let me know, I would love to hear about new ones!
1. Clips $20 (Umbra)
2. Carafe $30 (Indigo)
3. Throw Pillow $110 (John Robshaw)
4. Wire Basket $50 (Crate and Barrel)
5. Chair $279 (IKEA)
Assignment #2 for CDS502…really makes me miss Australia and Miss Shannan Kuun! But while making it it was a great reminder to keep going on adventures and living life to the fullest. In the deep cold of winter all I really seem to want to do is snuggle up and hibernate for a few months but things like this remind me to get up off my butt and DO SOMETHING! Hope it does the same thing for you 🙂
I have dropped the blogging ball! Jumping back on the wagon though, I really enjoy my blog. Furthering my passions via education this past year has been something I have been focusing on in my spare time, which has sometimes meant long days and studying over lunch hours at work. Right now I am involved in a three week workshop through Queens University all about online branding strategy and it has been great! It is with Sidneyeve Matrix and I have had the pleasure of studying in three of her classes so far and have had such a great experience delving into the world of digital media and strategy. Above is one of the assignments we have had to do so far, an interactive resume using ‘Vizify’. Lots of fun, such a great site to use, and lots of flexibility to make it unique to you. Hope you enjoy my vizify profile, let me know if you have one of your own — I would love to see more!
Updating the Program Planning Guide today and working on one of the first pages encouraging students to connect via social media with Edwards. I always like to think in terms of my design one year ago or even two years ago and I feel so happy to think about how much I have grown. I mean, this isn’t much, but two years ago starting my job here I would have been eager to get started but would have also been trying to put something together in Microsoft Word, instead of PhotoShop/Illustrator/InDesign. Its great to look back at old designs and feel a sense of growth, and that all of the classes I have taken, projects I have worked on, mistakes I have made have contributed to making me a better designer (or aspiring designer). Can’t wait to see where I will be next year at this time!
While Dustin and I were in Disneyland over New Years we stopped at the WonderGround Gallery in Downtown Disney and both fell in love with the artwork of Scotty Reifsnyder. He had two works in the Gallery, one inspired by Peter Pan (that I am still kicking myself over for not purchasing) and one inspired by The Incredibles (Dustin bought a mug with the art piece on it, he admires it every morn!). His art was so unique and is a style that both Dustin and I really enjoy, I wish I could create art like him! Check out his blog or his Dribbble page and prepare to be inspired for the day!
Since the beginning of 2013 (okay, 11 days ago) I have been feel like this will be a great year with tons of amazing things going on. In some way or another in the last 11 days each product above has made me feel exciting, stylish, happy or beautiful and I am feeling like this year will be unlike any other.
1. Alex and Ani bangle bracelet -This was a fantastic find at Bloomingdale’s in Santa Monica while Dustin and I were there last week. I had never heard of this brand before (I am behind in the times!) but have found at least 12 other bangle bracelets that they make that I am now in love with.
2. M. Sasek This is New York Calendar -Another great California find that I actually picked up this summer in LA at Book Soup (I was lucky enough to make it to California TWICE this year!). Mr. Sasek’s art is incredible and if it wasn’t weird to have five calendars on my office wall I would also own San Francisco, London, Paris and any others that are out there!
3. Sugar Lip Polish by Fresh -I received this polish as a gift at Christmas (thanks Dustin!) and the first time I put it on my lips it felt like heaven. Honestly. My lips felt so amazingly soft when I applied lip balm after I actually wanted to keep touching them. Don’t judge.
4. Stella & Dot Gigi earrings -A beautiful gift from my lovely friend Avril as a thank you for helping out with her wedding right before New Years (what a sweetheart!). They go great with so many things that I wear and can be dressed up and funked down. I am honestly wearing them right now.
5. Kobo Mini -Another fantastic Christmas gift from Dustin (what a great guy!). I was worried that the screen would be too small but it was actually perfect for me and helped me get through some great books on the beach in Mexico over Christmas. It is a great size to carry around ( and so light!) no matter the size of my purse.